This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The RheumatoidArthritis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- TMJ Disorders. (2014, Feb. 2) Medline Plus, National Institutes of Health. Retrieved on November 4, 2015 from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001227.htm
- TMJ Disorders. (2013, Aug.) National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Instititutes of Health. Retrieved on November 4, 2015 from http://nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/TMJ/TMJDisorders.htm
- TMJ Disorders. (2012, Dec. 13) Mayo Clinic. Retrieved on November 4, 2015 from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tmj/basics/definition/con-20043566
- Arthritis of the Temporomandibular Joint. (2014, Dec.) Merck Manual. Retrieved on November 4, 2014 from http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/dental-disorders/temporomandibular-disorders/arthritis-of-the-temporomandibular-joint-tmj
- Nordahl, S., et al. Radiographic Signs of Bone Distruction in the Arthritic Temporomandibular Joint with Special Reference to Markers of Disease Activity. A Longitudinal Study. (2001, Jan. 16) Oxford Journals: Rheumatology. Retrieved on November 4, 2015 from http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/6/691.full
- Wolfe, F., et al. (2005, Dec.) Jaw Pain: Its Prevalence and Meaning in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Fibromyalgia. Journal of Rheumatology. Retrieved on November 4, 2014 from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1633177