Waiting on referral to Rheumatologist….anxious and scared…. what if it is RA? My PCP did a lot of blood work at the beginning of this month as I had been feeling bad for quite some time and have had redness on my face for months. DR was concerned I had lupus. She ran an ANA, CRP, Lyme test and RA latex turbid test. Everything came back normal except my RA Factor. Out of a normal reference range of 0.0-13.9 my result was a 17.9. The DR did not discuss these results with me but simply called and said RA is high, referring to rheumatologist. I have felt bad for a long time and been searching for answers for just as long. It doesn’t want to have RA but I need an answer. I am the mother of three younger children and one with significant special needs. I need to feel better and I pray that I am on the path to finding answers. The fatigue is the worst, followed by the pain and brain fog. Simple things like holding my phone or hair dryer are difficult and some mornings it’s almost impossible to get going. I guess I am just looking for advice on what the next steps are if I do have RA and also maybe opinions from those who have been through the diagnostic process if it sounds like this may be what is wrong. Is a RA Factor of 17.9 a positive result?