Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

I don’t get it

I’m a 58 year old male with rheumatoid arthritis, my general doctor does what he can to help, he has referred me to a couple of pain management doctors and I’ve left upset at them. In my experience, the doctors that I’ve been referred to are short and dont seem to listen to me, they seem to act like is all I want to see them for are for pain pills! I do take pain meds but my biggest concern is, I’m looking for help and information. It makes me very angry for doctors to “label” me I’m looking for information and Iam NOT looking for what they think “drugs”.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.


  • Mariah Z. Leach moderator
    5 years ago

    Hi Danny ~ If you’ve been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis then you should ask for a referral to a rheumatologist – which is the type specialist who will be most able to help you manage your disease! Best of luck to you! And thank you for taking the time to share your story!

  • Poll