Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Mouth Pain

I have dentures for 5 years. I can’t wear them. The dentist says it’s not dental related . My mouth hurts so bad, the dentists says it could be RA related. I have an appt. with my doctor next month. My question is: if it is RA related what can the doctor do for me? Please help, the pain is unbearable thank you

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.


  • Mary Mann
    4 years ago

    Two things:

    Your mouth can become inflamed because of RA. Meticulous mouth care is vital!!! I am fine most of the time except when I let my vigilance down.

    I have RA in both sides of my jaw. My left is worse than my right. My ENT doc says my ears and my larynx could be affected by RA too.

    Any joint that is a synovial joint, no matter how small, can develop RA. There are a lot of the.
    Hope this helps.

  • Jenn Lebowitz
    4 years ago

    Hi Wendyann-

    Thank you so much for sharing your story, and so sorry to hear what you are going through!

    While you may get feedback from the community on personal experience, I thought these articles might be useful, as they relate to this subject: (1), (2), and (3)

    I do hope this is helpful. Please keep us posted on how you’re doing! Best of luck at your upcoming appointment!


    Jenn (Community Manager,

  • Poll