Exercise & Rehabilitation
Written by: Jonathan Simmons and Emily Downward | Last reviewed: September 2019.
- Smith HR. Rheumatoid arthritis treatment & management. Medscape. Available at https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/331715-clinical. Accessed 6/12/18.
- Häkkinen A, Sokka T, Kotaniemi A, Hannonen P. A randomized two-year study of the effects of dynamic strength training on muscle strength, disease activity, functional capacity, and bone mineral density in early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism 2001;44:515-22.
- Van den Ende CH, Vliet Vlieland TP, Munneke M, Hazes JM. Dynamic exercise therapy for treating rheumatoid arthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008:CD000322.
- Baillet A, Zeboulon N, Gossec L, et al. Efficacy of cardiorespiratory aerobic exercise in rheumatoid arthritis: Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Arthritis Care & Research 2010;62:984-92.
- Macedo AM, Oakley SP, Panayi GS, Kirkham BW. Functional and work outcomes improve in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who receive targeted, comprehensive occupational therapy. Arthritis Care Res 2009;61:1522-30.