Surgery Tips - Part 2: How To Prepare For Surgery Like A Boy Scout
Surgery isn't something anyone wants to have, but when it is necessary it can change lives for the better. In this video, I've brought my learnings from the five surgeries I've had for JRA about how best to prepare for the big day.
Here's a quick checklist for preparing for surgery:
- Find a surgeon you trust and picture your surgery going perfectly.
- Get your to-do list done.
- Fix your post-surgery recovery space with safety in mind.
- Prepare food and freeze it.
- Decide who will be your post-surgery helpers and bring them to your pre-surgical appointments, if possible.
- Stay as physically strong as possible.
Quiz: Which is NOT a common risk factor for osteoporosis?