Green Tea, Turmeric, Flaxseed, and Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)
Written by: Jonathan Simmons and Emily Downward | Last reviewed: April 2019.
- Green tea. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Available at https://nccih.nih.gov/health/greentea. Accessed 6/19/18.
- Maricle L. Compound in green tea found to block rheumatoid arthritis. Washington State University. Feb 2016. Available at https://news.wsu.edu/2016/02/16/145706/. Accessed 6/19/18.
- Ramadan, Gamal, Mohammed Ali Al-Kahtani, and Wael Mohamed El-Sayed. "Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of Curcuma longa (Turmeric) versus Zingiber officinale (Ginger) rhizomes in rat adjuvant-induced arthritis."Inflammation 34.4 (2011): 291-301.
- Turmeric. Arthritis Foundation. Available at https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/supplements-herbs/guide/turmeric.php. Accessed 6/18/18.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits of flaxseed. Arthritis Foundation. Available at http://blog.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/health-benefits-flaxseed-anti-inflammatory/. Accessed 6/18/18.
- Chronic pain. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Available at https://nccih.nih.gov/health/pain/chronic.htm. Accessed 6/18/18.
- Soeken KL, Miller SA, Ernst E. Herbal medicines for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review. Rheumatology. 2003 May;42(5): 652–659, https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/keg183.
- Brzeski M, Madhok R, Capell HA. Evening primrose oil in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and side-effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Br J Rheumatol. 1991 Oct;30(5):370-2. Abstract. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1913008.
- Leventhal LJ, Boyce EG, Zurier RB. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with blackcurrant seed oil. Br. J Rheumatol. 1994 Sep;33(9):847-52. Abstract. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8081671