caret icon Back to all discussions

I need a Caregiver

I have had RA for twelve years. One week ago I had three tumors removed from my small colon. Cancer. I live in Oregon and WA not to officially get my husband appointed as my Caregiver. He is already but not officially. Does anyone know how to do this?? Thanks, Northlake

  1. Hi, ! Do you the ability to talk to any lawyers that specialize in this area in your state? I don't know the particulars of how to go about this, especially in a different state. I do know about setting up conservatorships, but I don't think that's what you're asking about. The people at Family Caregiver Alliance may be able to offer you some helpful advice. I am sharing a link specifically about setting up a conservatorship, but the link also has their contact info -- If you are pursuing this so your husband can qualify for payment as a caregiver, which is legal, I would definitely check in with a lawyer to be safe. Here's some more information about this particular issue --,faq. I hope this information is helpful for you and your husband!

    Best, Erin, Team Member.

    1. Thank you so much for your help. I didn’t know where to start. I will look into it and a see what I can do. Again thanks so much! Northlake

      1. , so glad I could help! Let me know if I can be of anymore help and best of luck! Best, Erin, Team Member.

    2. Also, , I do hope your tumors were small and that your cancer responds well to treatment! We're thinking of you and your husband as you navigate this change in your health. Best, Erin, Team Member.

      1. Thank you Erin for your kind thoughts and words. It has been a shock. Rare tumor that was medium sized and two small ones. Glad they found them when they did. It is so nice to talk with someone. Again, thank you for your kindness! Northlake

        or create an account to reply.