Back to all discussions

Info required for DIY house maintenance tools

Good Morning Folks

My father seems to be developing symptoms associated with arthritis and is increasingly finding it difficult to handle general household maintenance tools such as : screw drivers, hammers, pair of pliers etc.

Can you please suggest where I purchase such tools for people who have (say) weak hands, wrists and grip, and who may be developing symptoms of arthritis?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

  1. Hi geek84

    Thanks so much for your comment. While we cannot offer medical advice, (for your father's safety) I thought you might be able to find these two articles helpful for your father since there is a difference between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.

    "What is RA?"
    "What is OA?"

    While you may get community feedback on specific tools we definitely encourage your father to see a doctor for a specific diagnosis. Depending on what you find out please feel free to come back anytime.
    Thank you for coming to our community page and we wish you the best.

    Lauren ( Team Member)

    1. Hi geek84 ~

      First, I want to echo Lauren's response and encourage you to have your father see a doctor about his symptoms. There are actually more than 100 different forms of arthritis, and each type is treated somewhat differently. Getting a proper diagnosis should enable your father to get on the most effective treatment plan to help with pain and limitations.

      In the meantime, there are a couple of other articles on our site I thought you might find useful:

      Assistive Devices

      Housing Adaptations And RA

      Best of luck to you and your father!

      ~Mariah~ (Site Moderator)

      or create an account to reply.