What it is that Grips Us (Part 2)
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The RheumatoidArthritis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Global Burden of Disease Study 2013, Collaborators (22 August 2015). "Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.". Lancet (London, England).
- Kessler, RC; Bromet, EJ (2013). "The epidemiology of depression across cultures.". Annual review of public health.Vol. 34:119-138
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders DSM-5. (2013). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Association.
- Main article: Matcham, F., L. Rayner, S. Steer, et al. 2013. The prevalence of depression in rheumatoid arthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Rheumatology 52(12): 2136–2148.
- Waraich P, Goldner EM, Somers JM, et al. Prevalence and incidence studies of mood disorders: a systematic review of the literature. Can J Psychiatry. 2004;49:124–38. [PubMed]
- Atal SA, Ceceli E, Okumu M, et al. The evaluation of pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Pain Pract. 2009;9:31.
- van Hoogmoed D, Fransen J, Bleijenberg G, et al. Physical and psychosocial correlates of severe fatigue in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology. 2010;49:1294–302. [PubMed]
- Mikuls T, Saag K, Criswell L, et al. Health related quality of life in women with elderly onset rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2003;30:952–7. [PubMed]
- El-Miedany YM, El Rasheed AH. Is anxiety a more common disorder than depression in rheumatoid arthritis? Joint Bone Spine. 2002;69:300–6. [PubMed]
- Joyce AT, Smith P, Khandker R, et al. Hidden cost of rheumatoid arthritis (RA): estimating cost of comorbid cardiovascular disease and depression among patients with RA. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:743–52. [PubMed]
- Spicer JG. Health-related quality of life: covariance structural equation modeling in the evaluaton of symptom status and support in persons with rheumatoid arthritis. PhD thesis, University of California, San Francisco 1998:147.
- Katz PP, Yelin EH. Prevalence and correlates of depressive symptoms among persons with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 1993;20:790–6. [PubMed]
- Ang DC, Choi H, Kroenke K, et al. Comorbid depression is an independent risk factor for mortality in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:1013–9. [PubMed]
- Lok EYC, Mok CC, Cheng CW, et al. Prevalence and determinants of psychiatric disorders in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Psychosomatics. 2010;51:338–38.e8. [PubMed]
- Isik A, Koca SS, Ozturk A, et al. Anxiety and depression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2007;26:872–8. [PubMed]