Effects of RA on Eyes and Vision
Written by: Jonathan Simmons | Last reviewed: September 2013.
- Prete M, Racanelli V, Digiglio L, et al. Extra-articular manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis: An update. Autoimmun Rev. 2011;11:123-31.
- Vignesh AP, Srinivasan R. Ocular manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis and their correlation with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies. Clin Ophthalmol. 2015;9:393-397.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology. What is dry eye? Accessed May 7, 2016 at: http://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-is-dry-eye.
- Patel SJ, Lundy DC. Ocular manifestations of autoimmune disease. Am Fam Physician. 2002;66:991-998.
- Plaquenil [package insert]. St. Michael, Barbados: Concordia Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Melles RB, Marmor MF. The risk of toxic retinopathy in patients on long-term hydroxychloroquine therapy. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2014;132:1453-1460.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology. Revised Recommendations on Screening for Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine Retinopathy – 2011. Accessed April 26, 2016 at: http://www.aao.org/clinical-statement/revised-recommendations-on-screening-chloroquine-h#ScreeningRecommendations
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. Difference between an ophthalmologist, optometrist, and optician. Accessed April 26, 2016 at: http://www.aapos.org/terms/conditions/132.
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society. What is a neuro-ophthalmologist? Accessed April 26, 2016 at: http://www.nanosweb.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3279