New member here.
I am researching for my 65 year old mother, diagnosed with RA, and on Humira every 14 days.
I just have several questions for those of you who have received the COVID vaccine.
1. Would NSAIDs be effective in reducing side effects of COVID vaccine? If so, how much e.g. did your symptoms get reduced by 10%? 50%? Which NSAID did you take? How effective would Tylenol [not an NSAID] be in mitigating the symptoms?
2. Have you guys heard anything about taking NSAIDs interfering with the COVID vaccine’s effectivity? If so, how much would it really undermine the protective effect of the vaccine?
3. Would steroids help in terms of symptomatic relief? If so, how much?
4. Would NSAIDs and steroids prevent/mitigate any RA flare ups?
5. What effect can the COVID vaccine have, can it cause a flare up of disease in people with autoimmune disorders like RA?
Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing more about your experience.