June 5, 2019
I’m having a flare and my Rheumatologist is on vacation, the practice can’t fit me in for 10 days. What do I do? Will urgent care help ?
June 8, 2019
So Sorry, that you are feeling so bad. We've been there too, many times. Did you put yourself on the cancellation list? Chances are, the ER will be of no help.
Things we do when in bad pain:
1. Take your meds as usual including ones for breakthrough pain, at appropriate times.
2. Use warmed(or cool) bean bags on your worse joints.
3. Put some Blue Ice or other gel or ointment that helps, on your joints.
4. Use a T.E.N.S. machine, if you have one.
5. Try to have a nap.
6. Have a cup of tea.
7. Put on your favourite music, show, etc. to help distract your mind.
8. Say a prayer, if you pray.
9. Take a warm shower, if you can make it up the stairs. Hang on to the railing! A shower downstairs would be ideal. I'd say, take a warm bath but I can't get out of the tub or sit down in it, for that matter.
10. Gently, massage your muscles, joints.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I surely hope that something helps you. Feel Better!!
June 26, 2019
How bad is the flare? If I wake up with a small flare I normally take ibuprofen to ease the pain. It works for me! I also do my best to avoid foods that I feel might worsen my symptoms such as processed foods, sugar, dairy, and wheat. Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of our community!