I went to a PA in February this year because of constant intense pain, fatigue, and depression. She suggested RA along with my previously diagnosed osteoarthritis as well as another unknown autoimmune disease. so she ran the RA test which came back slightly elevated…like only a point or two above normal so one question is can it be RA even if only slightly elevated? What other factors so they look at?
She also referred me to a Rheumatologist but after waiting 5 month to get in I no longer qualified for discounted Obama care health insurance and didn’t afford to pay $800/mo for it so had to cancel everything. The PA did put me on diclophenac but it doesn’t even touch this pain so i don’t bother taking it because it’s hard on my stomach. Now that the cold Midwestern weather is moving in the pain is constant and becoming unbearable, the fatigue is frustrating, and I’m just not sure what to do at this point. The Rheumatologist appt will be $500 out of pocket plus any tests they want to run. If i go ahead and pay out of pocket and get an official diagnosis will it then be considered a preexisting condition? Ugh… anyone else in this boat?