Written by: Jonathan Simmons | Last reviewed: July 2019.
- Arthritis Facts. Arthritis Foundation. https://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/understanding-arthritis/arthritis-statistics-facts.php. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Arthritis-Related Statistics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/data_statistics/arthritis-related-stats.htm#prev. Published July 18, 2018. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Arthritis by the Numbers. Arthritis Foundation. https://www.arthritis.org/Documents/Sections/About-Arthritis/arthritis-facts-stats-figures.pdf. Published 2018. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. National Institutes of Health. https://report.nih.gov/NIHfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=63. Published June 30, 2018. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Hayter SM, Cook MC. Updated assessment of prevalence, spectrum and case definition of autoimmune disease. Autoimmunity Reviews. Aug 2012; 11(10), 754-765.
- Chronic Rheumatic Conditions. World Health Organization. https://www.who.int/chp/topics/rheumatic/en/. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Crowson CS. Epidemiology of, risk factors for, and possible causes of rheumatoid arthritis. UpToDate. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/epidemiology-of-risk-factors-for-and-possible-causes-of-rheumatoid-arthritis. Published April 30, 2019. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. American College of Rheumatology. https://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Rheumatoid-Arthritis. Published March 2019. Accessed May 28, 2019.
- Silman AJ, Pearson JE. Epidemiology and genetics of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res 2002;4 Suppl 3:S265-72.