caret icon Back to all discussions

What does RA look like in your feet and ankles ?

I have a lot of pain in my hands and wrist.
Nothing yet in my toes or ankles.
What should I look for or expect ?

  1. Hi . Sorry you are having this pain in your hands and wrists. Have you been diagnosed with RA? If not you may want to see a rheumatologist for the most effective diagnostics. RA can impact the feet and ankles in numerous ways from swelling to nodules to fallen arches to toe joint deformities to soft tissue issues to ankle joint damage ... I think this illustrates the myriad of potential problems. This article compiled thoughts from the community on the ways RA impacts the feet: It is important to note that you may be able to avoid some, most, or even all of these issues. It is great that you do not currently have symptoms in this area. It is important that you are on top of this and not ignoring your feet (see: Your doctor may be able to help with specific ways to avoid problems from disease control to therapy. I also know that many in the community find a podiatrist helpful. Hopefully others will chime in with their experience. Wishing you the best. Richard ( Team)

    or create an account to reply.